What kinds of information Island Queen Cruises collects from users of the Site and how such information is collected;
How the information is used by Island Queen Cruises;
Whether Island Queen Cruises discloses any user information to third parties;
How you can access or modify any information collected about you by Island Queen Cruises; and
The security procedures implemented by Island Queen Cruises to protect your personal information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Generally, you can visit the Site without revealing any personal information. Under some circumstances, Island Queen Cruises collects customer information on-line for marketing and promotional purposes as a way of enhancing your shopping experience. The information collected by Island Queen Cruises may include, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and password (collectively, "Personal Information") when you order merchandise through the Site, register for certain services offered by Island Queen Cruises, enter sweepstakes or promotions conducted by Island Queen Cruises and its affiliates, send e-mail to Island Queen Cruises or respond to e-mails from Island Queen Cruises.
Island Queen Cruises automatically collects and stores statistics and other information about you and your online activities both on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis and in a manner that may allow us to associate such information with other personally identifiable information about you. Island Queen Cruises may use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate the Site, enhance and improve the Site, and sell and deliver advertising and merchandise. Island Queen Cruises also uses this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to enhance your onsite experience by displaying promotions, advertisements and content that we believe will be of interest to you.
Your Personal Information may be used by Island Queen Cruises to provide you with information regarding its products and services. For example, Island Queen Cruises may use your e-mail address to send you special announcements and notifications of events or promotions that may be of interest to you. Island Queen Cruises may also use your mailing address to send you special announcements and notifications of events or promotions that may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
As a general practice, Island Queen Cruises does not sell to, or share your Personal Information with third parties. However, on particular pages where we ask for Personal Information, we may explicitly tell you that the data we are collecting on that page will be provided to third parties, and seek your permission for such disclosures, in which case those disclosures shall override anything to the contrary in this policy.
Your mailing address will be shared with your credit card company in order to verify that you are an authorized user. Your telephone number will be used if there are any customer service issues that might need to be addressed.
Island Queen Cruises will never share your credit card number with any third parties other than vendors or suppliers (as necessary to fulfill orders of merchandise from the Site).
Except as provided herein, your specific Personal Information will not be shared with any third parties, unless Island Queen Cruises believes in good faith that the law requires it, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of Island Queen Cruises. While your specific Personal Information will not be shared, from time to time, collective and aggregated user information will be disclosed in order to describe Island Queen Cruises' services and user demographics/psychographics to prospective advertisers, partners, research companies and other third parties so they can target their messages to a specific audience and conduct requested research studies on our behalf. Your specific user habits within the Site will not be disclosed to any third parties.
Although your privacy is very important to Island Queen Cruises, due to the existing legal and technical environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, Island Queen Cruises may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
You can access and modify your contact information and preferences by contacting Customer Service via e-mail at info@Islandqueencruises.com.
Island Queen Cruises uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to it secure and to disclose such information only to third parties it believes to be responsible. However, Island Queen Cruises' affiliates and third party Internet sites and services which are accessible through the Site, or parties whom we inform you are collecting data in connection with sweepstakes, promotions and other activities, have separate privacy and data
- General information
- Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
- Our customers have the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to them, and to object to the processing of such data, by addressing a written request, at any time. The Company makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, the Company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As the Company cannot control these web sites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
- Management of personal data
- You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our web site by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by visiting and signing into Company Promotional Communications Manager, which allows you to update contact information, manage contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with our partners. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain web site services.
- Information We Collect
- Our store collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a personal account. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies). For example, we supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies. We also use services from other companies to help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your location. The data we collect depends on the services and features you use.
- How We Use Your Information
- Our web site uses the data we collect for three basic purposes: to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, to send communications, including promotional communications, and to display advertising. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect through the various web site services you use to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
- Sharing Your Information
- We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. In addition, we share personal data among our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.